View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 11:16 PM   #16
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Do you drive too slowly climbing out of the Burnley Tunnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
They are around, but its not as bad as some make it out to be IMHO. The fixed cameras are pretty well known, so unless you are from out of town, if you get done, then you snooze you lose. Most are well signed. There are a couple of sneaky ones around, as Franco said, the M80 under the sign board is a real doozy, but all the locals know its there. If it wasn't for my Amigo app, I'd probably have been done there.

The mobile cams are ALWAYS in the same spot, or within a 100m of the same area. Again, locals will know what to look out for.

Have recently gone past a couple of mobile ones "a little bit over", was expecting a mail to come through, but never came. So I can only assume they have decent tolerance built in to them.

As for getting done by a hwy patrol....well that depends on the mood of the officer. In my area they usually do blitz during start and end of school runs, which is fair enough IMHO.

Think that depends what ethnic area you are in . Take a trip down punt road on a semi congested evening and see. I had a bloke pull up next to me, and asked what the speed limit was on punt road, I said "60 here but 70 from there onwards", he goes "I'm from tassie, and everyone is in a bloody hurry over here its giving me anxiety" lol.
The local who trained us on the route pointed out one of those mobile camera suv's, a Kia Sportage I believe, was the only one I saw the whole time I was there.
They could have made a fortune out of us between Centre rd and Clayton station as there is no sign posted limit heading towards the city, is on the way out, 50, we we're all flying through there until one of us noticed the 50 sign on the wooden stobie pole.
Another spot they could have cleaned up on us was the 40k zones through Huntingdale and Hughesdale after 7am, by then we we're on our 3rd run, eyes hanging out of our heads from sleep deprivation and zero attention to time or speed restrictions.

Cost the Vic Gov 25k/week to have us 10 there, could have reclaimed that in a couple of days if they really wanted to.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote