View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 08:27 AM   #2678
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-...ites/102460298

I’m getting tired of the mantra “housing is a right” coming out of young mouths. In addition to disparaging remarks about “randoms”. Most people are decent and honest, statistics bear it out.
It must be the way I read the link but I got the impression, access to affordable housing is a right for renters and buyers.
On renting, I reckon it would be bad enough going through the untrustworthy process of leasing and the way real estate agents treat you these days, let alone needing to, then do a similar thing yourself in interviewing these "randoms" to share with, if in fact you are approved to do so by a landlord.

From the article.....As for buying, she said the only way that would be possible for her was with family help.

"I've heard a lot of people are moving back in with their families just to save up enough to get a deposit," she said.

"That's the situation with me really. To even get a deposit you'd have to not be renting."

Don't think I would want to be in this situation facing young renters or buyers.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote