View Single Post
Old 27-06-2023, 10:26 AM   #1389
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Our caravan resto got to about 3/4 through, started using it, now wet weather has set in and theres a leak damaging the rear wall and bottom bunk i rebuilt. When i got the van i spent weeks removing silicone, resealing the roof/side wall with new seals with plenty of sikaflex, then removing windows and resealing and replacing water damaged timber. It seems ive missed where water is getting in somewhere and my best guess is the rear of the van where there is plenty of pressed tin to form the rear end, and maybe holes made in the side wall for the tracks for the annexe. Either way, it means i cant really attend to it until wet season eases off and means a small demo. My advice for anyone considering a retro van repair is take all the internal walls out. I attempted a half demo where we just repaired what was damaged but this has lead to maybe msising somehting hidden. Its all time and money at the end of the day and with other priorities it gets a bit hard. Unfortunately the shed roofline is too low and theres no car port to store it under

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: