View Single Post
Old 28-06-2023, 01:22 PM   #2727
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yeah Ok, as long as you're happy with it.
I tend to look beyond the pretty finishes, and look at timber frame quality, slab construction and ground work but that's just me being in the construction industry.

Funny how when you mention "depends on where it is" and everyone assumes you are talking about cities. Not everyone wants to live in the cities.
Obviously the further you go out, it tends to be cheaper. But, more often than not if that own is say only an hour or less away(commuter belt) prices tend to follow that city upwards, not all the time mind you.We experienced that when we moved ,nearly doubled our price in 7 years. I can fully understand you looking @ ‘quality’ of a build.But the majority of homes we looked at were of pretty high quality.The worse home we owned wax’s on acreage quite a few years back.’Beechwood’ home.Finishes we’re very, very average.Painting was truly awful.But other than that quite a solid home.It has just been sold in the last month or so for 1.35 mill.(we only paid $520,000 for it)A lot of work has been done to it,changing layout etc…Very, very good job by them.

Last edited by hackney; 28-06-2023 at 01:28 PM.
hackney is offline   Reply With Quote