View Single Post
Old 24-08-2023, 04:44 PM   #41
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Re: Making a Barra sound good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
I didnt mention airbox but there aren't many intercoolers that don't require cutting of some kind, as soon as you touch a dump and high flow cat the boys in blue can potentially not like it, and battery relo to the boot is also a no no here in SA. So pretty much all the usual go fast bolt on for us turbo boys! If they want to go hard on you with these they can. That's without coilovers, dark window etc etc haha. Im just too old and can't be bothered with all of that anymore hence why iv just a few sleeper mods to mine and i'm content.
S.A. is so lax compared to other states. I don't intend on relocating my battery to the boot in either of my cars. I plan on putting it where the old airbox sat.

I don't like the look of crossover pipes. They're unsightly and make the engine look cluttered. Turbo induction noise and more response is another big bonus.

Dump and cat should only be an issue if it infringes upon emissions, which, most probably it would. However, running no cat would be deemed far worse!

I agree about the intercooler, which is why I have a PWR for my FG, so I don't have to cut that dicky little piece of plastic that runs near the radiator support panel.

The older I get, the more I enjoy doing the things I wanted to do (but didn't have the money) when I was younger with the added bonus of looking more "mature". 🙃
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: