View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #165
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Will we ever beat cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
back to the original question, will we ever beat it?
having my wife go through this at present and the $$$ involved in research and treatment, I hope so but at the same time sarcastic me thinks 'I wonder if they do have a cure and seeing how long they can milk the research for all its worth.
Cancer council Adelaide has just built a new 5 story mini hotel yesterday accomadation $40 per night per person and most of that will be refunded by PATS, but if cancer was cured what use will that place be.

highly unlikely I know but you look at the $$$ in research all over the world and none has any clues somehow I am sceptical.

no i doubt we ever will.

currently have my mother and sister-inlaw going thru the same altho both started off differently. mums started with her tongue [and like arm79 & DFB didn't realise what was going on nor the pain she was going thru], then neck lymph nodes [removed and found it], now treatment. sister-inlaw and a work friend both started out with a kidney issue which then sent em downhill quickly. sadly the good friend went downhill very quickly with a lot of other issues. sister-inlaw was luckier as altho she wasn't well they were able to use the gamma knife on her brain, which appears to have worked awesomely. currently having issues still with her sternum. hers has been a roughly 6 year battle overall [struggling with mental health i think currently] and mums overall has been 2/3 years so far, but seems to be positive re outcome. with mum she has family & friends helping as best they can where as sister-inlaw has limited help from her family [other than my other half & me] which is not good for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome
We "beat" covid 19 so anything is possible.

we didn't 'beat' covid ..... we just 'minimised' the possible outcome.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: