View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 10:49 AM   #4
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Barra Turbo Track Suitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Kypez ran a B-series but that was an 8 from memory.
There was someone else that ran an FG I6T ... cant remember their username.
Fair bit of work though to make it run well. I'd say cooling is going to be the biggest battle with these though.

Remove as much weight / lightest wheels and get the suspension right as well.
And a stronger manual in it.
I did run my Sprint 6 for a while. The transmission was the biggest let down being Auto only. I kept blowing turbo hoses though which was garbage. They haven't changed all that much from B series.

The central weight rather than the V is good for circuit but the engines don't like to rev (but you can drive around that). If you have the budget, forged pistons will reduce piston velocity so you can get them rev a bit better.

I'd run a TR6060 box changing 4 th and 5 th though (I'd make 5 th 1:1 like the TR3160. 6060 can take more torque than the 3160). If you're on a budget, the 3650 works fine and are cheap to replace (BA XR8/GT box). Most tracks don't have a long enough straight to use 6 th. I'd change the 3650 to a 0.8 5 th rather than the much taller 0.6x stock ratio (depending on power, speed requirements).

They're lighter than the V8 too (marginally with all the extra plumbing for turbo/intercoolers). I can't see any reason you'd not want to run it especially in Supersprints. Longer races might need a look at hoses and other components for heat related failures.

Last edited by kypez; 02-02-2024 at 11:05 AM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: