View Single Post
Old 24-02-2024, 07:09 PM   #2907
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Are there any products that highlight white paint better than others?

Picking up my new car today (UA2 Biturbo Everest) and its white. First time I've ever owned a non metallic colour car. Its in pretty good condition to my untrained eye, so doesn't require any drastic polishing or anything. I currently have NV Lustre and Jet and Boost V2 on the shelf and thats about it. I'll ask the previous owner if he uses anything otherwise, is it worth buying some kind of 'strip wash' car soap and start fresh?

I'm due for a bit of an order to top up a few things (NV snow, carpro Ech20, towels etc) so a good time to add to the list if there was something that worked particularly well with flat white.
Flat/non-metallic white can be very hard to make POP. I've had two Ranger's in flat white, and they are at their very best just after polishing and freshly waxed. So, giving the car a polish wouldn't be time wasted. I'll cover products in a bit.

In terms of prep, I mean, I would definitely "strip" the paint back so that I know where it's at. Just keep in mind, a "strip" soap won't completely strip everything off the vehicle, unless it's a weaker spray wax or similar. But those soaps do work very well in a holistic prep process. I would do the following -

1. Apply an iron remover to the whole car from dry (I like NV Purify or Gyeon Iron). You really need to do this in the shade or early in the morning, it must not dry on the car. Allow to soak for as long as possible (I usually fill up my buckets ect while waiting).

2. Foam the car down with Snow+ or Carpro Lift (I prefer Lift, its stronger). Do this over the top of the iron remover, which in turn allows both to work in unison. Leave to soak for as long as possible.

3. Rinse.

4. Re-foam with the same soap, then contact wash as usual. This will remove most of what's on the surface.

5. Inspect the paint, if it feels rough, proceed with a clay bar/mitt/towel. Do this while the car is still wet to save having to dry the car twice. Don't use ECH20 as the lube, it will leave something behind, soapy water would be fine.

6. IPA wipe down.

7. Polish (if needed)

8. Apply the LSP.

Now, I think using Nove Lustre and Jet will be a great combo. I've used Jet along with various other spray sealants, Collinite 845 and now Gyeon Pure EVO ceramic coating. Ceramic Spray sealants will make the paint glassy looking, I found Carpro Reload worked REALLY nicely on Cool White. Waxes will make it look less stark, warmer (its hard to describe, but there is a visual difference).

Reload -

Collinite 845 -

Gyeon Pure EVO -

Lasty, well done on the new car!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: