View Single Post
Old 11-03-2024, 03:56 PM   #191
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Australian fuel efficiency standards aimed at cutting petrol bills, 'catching up' with US

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
It's not impossible though, just a matter of thinking what's needed per jobsite and when.
I've worked in places where the trade guys will keep their stuff onsite and still want to park right in front of the front door for no reason other than being FN lazy.

When I work in $ydney I use public transport carrying a bag of hand tools.
Tons of sandstone can be delivered as can sand and cement, which I'll do regularly. Stone can show up onsite within a days order.
If its a job where I need star pickets, shovels etc these I can be dropped off via car/truck previous to starting said job.

Country Victoria is a totally different approach granite needs to be picked by myself from the quarry as it can not be pre delivered and simply cut to shape like NSW/QLD Sandstone.

And Melbourne, its back to a mix of PT or truck if needing to bring granite from outside. Melbourne's soft Blue stone is easy to work so can be delivered to site and worked into required shapes.

Any thing can be worked around if you are open to it, is my point.
Not for everyone but its a good mix.
When I was last in the trade, a very well stocked vehicle was a must. You could be pulled of a job to go to another one at a minutes notice.
Leaving tools or materials onsite is like inviting thieves to your goods.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: