View Single Post
Old 16-07-2006, 01:49 AM   #8
goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Hey Goop,

Glad your enjoying the new toy! I must admit the Fiesta is extremely easy to drive at 9 10ths. Really is extremely predictable and throwable. I guess this could be to the underpowered engine, but either way a great car. Just wish it had 4 wheel discs...

Apart from that small issue, the car is great in every regard. I miss the small steering wheel too, so big raps for Ford to making the car 'easy to use'.

Danny - great to hear about the 17s! Maybe start a new thread with pictures and a write up. Kind of hard to tell if the 17s have improved your handling, or the tyres, since you had cheapo tyres before!
hmm, to me it's not the [lack of] power that made it so easy - it just loves to be chucked, and it's so neutral and fun. It was that low-grip sheeny bitumen, so the car moved around a bit... weee!

As for the drum-brakes, yeah, a bit of a worry. When it got a little taily into a downhill right hander, I wondered if they might have something to do with it... but probably just my ham-fistedness Is it possible to upgrade them do you know? I'll have a squiz at UKFN anyhow.

On the highway, i hopped on the brakes pretty hardish at one point. There is quite a lot of longtitudinal pitch, I find? Anyhow, the rear didn't feel all that settled, sort of wiggled about a bit... I spose I'm just used to a bigger car.

Good fun, great car
goop is offline   Reply With Quote