View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
re-tap the hole with a larger size, or a helicoil would be your best bet mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Yep, a helicoil will fix it. Instructions come in the kit and they work fine.

Normal threadlock won't work. But there is also an epoxy based paste called "magic stick" or something similar which I have also used in similar circumstances and it is a permanent repair. Only problem is that it may be very difficult to remove the stud next time you have to service the pump. I'm not sure how well it "comes apart". I have used it on a stripped exhaust stud thread on my boat (diesel) and it has held for years. I haven't tried undoing it yet to see what may happen.
Ok, so locktite won't help it? Damn! I knew I should have waited for more answers to this thread before going out and buying anything : Oh well, I guess this strongest-strength Locktite stick will come in handy, sooner or later...

Ok, where should I be able to get this "helicoil" from, and how much would it be worth? And what is it exactly?

BTW, thanks everybody for your replies, as I'm sure you can imagine, I was pretty worried when I started this thread.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote