View Single Post
Old 17-01-2020, 11:21 PM   #45
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

On another note, one of the things I was waiting on was a WQ heater box so I could do some research. My hope was that the heater box from a Manual Climate and an Auto Climate fiesta were otherwise identical - other than the auto unit having actuators and sensors, and the manual unit having links to the manual controls. if you recall, the part numbers for the actuators and sensors were identical to a LS/LT Focus, and I was able to grab a bunch of those from a wreck recently.

Alas, I have finally had a chance to pull a dash out and have a look, and upsettingly it is not the case. It appears that the Heater Unit on the Auto-Climate cars has custom mouldings to mount the actuators - those mouldings just do not exist on the Manual heater unit.

I have contacted a place in the UK for pricing on a heater unit with auto-climate. Fingers crossed it's not stupid amounts of money. It might be light, but being a relatively big unit I am fearful it might cost more to ship it here than the value of the unit itself, and the exchange rate is pretty much in cactus territory at the moment too.....

Luke