View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #189
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
good outcome
was the ute in the hit and run?

is the ute ok?
Yes, the ute was involved in the hit and run. These two idiots are going to the big house hopefully for quite some time. I believe the guy they hit is doing okay.

The ute? Well, to tell you the truth when my wife and I arrived on the scene, naturally the cops weren't going to let us too close even after telling them who we were. By the time we had arrived one of the two offenders had alreadly been caught and taken away, but the other offender was on the loose and in the process of being tracked down by the dog squad so they really didn't want us too close to the action. As these idiots ended up in an area where there was no way out, the other was caught reasonably fast.

At that point we could only see that there had been a fair bit of damage done to the back end of the ute. Couldn't see the front. After all the drama had settled down we could then get in to have a closer look.

The back of the ute (driver's side) is caved in. The tub, tailgate and hard lid will all need to be replaced. The front bar will need to be replaced as well. To our amazement only one rim has been damaged (these guys were mounting footpaths along their way). Four new tyres as well. The car will need a full mechanical, rotors and brake linings checked.
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote