View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: DIY camper trailer thread

I considered this same project before i bought my camper although i planned to use the chassis from an old caravan as it had brakes fitted and a water tank underfloor.
The plan was to lay light checkerplate etc. down over the chassis, then build a light frame above it high enough to take a set of drawers like you get from kings with built in fridge slide to keep all your dinnerware, cooking utensils, sauces etc. and cleaning gear.
This id planned to have at the rear so i could access it from the annex of rooftop tent, i then planned another slide across the front forward of the wheel arches opening on passenger side for a sink and bench for cooker.
Ive got an Arkpak with 135ah AGM battery which id planned to put in and power it up, a gas bottle holder on left rear with bottle and plumbed to a fitting near the front slide, toolbox at front, rooftop tent and an awning off the side for shelter, access for some storage tubs and then box the rest in with sheet metal.
I had a retired metal fabricator with his own home workshop planned to assist where necessary but then i bought my camper and it never got off the ground.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote