View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #255
AU2_XR8_220

Default Boot leak

Gday Luke,

Unfortunately theres not much you can do about the boot leak (except replace the rubbers/ensure they are in good nic, and park the car so that the nose is facing uphill).

It's a common problem found in both late model commodores and falcons. Water builds up in the boot gutters, overflows the rubber seal, and trickles into the boot. The seal between underside of the boot and rubber trim is poor.

I own a AU2 XR8, and every time it rains, approx 1 inch of water gathers in the spare wheel well. Its a pain in the ****, but something ya gotta live with.

To allow the boot to drain and to prevent a build up of water in the wheel well, you could drill a couple of small holes through the well. I you are going to do this, proceed with caution!! Dont miss and hit the fuel tank!!

cheers,
Bernie :

Quote:
Originally Posted by relish
Hi everyone please help me,

I have looked over this forum and cant find anyone else with problem as of yet. I have a Ford AU II Forte its done 170,000 kms and still runs (touch wood) awesome, always been serviced etc etc.

However for a while now there has been a terrible boot leak. I have no idea what to do because the only thing people have suguested to me is the spoiler. Funny thing is that i do not have a spoiler. People have also suguested the licence plate, well first of all the water is running from the top of the inside of boot down, not up, but anyways i made those screws as tight as they could go.

Nothing works. Everytime its rains my boot is full of water, but not under the parcel shelf, only where the spare wheel is. Everytime i open the boot the top of the boot is drenched and its starting to rust. Obviously there is no way of testing this.

Has anyone heard or had this problem themselves, its driving me insane and the boot stinks of wet carpet.....everyone knows how bad that smells. Please help.

Luke
AU2_XR8_220 is offline   Reply With Quote