View Single Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #259
fairmont au
fairmont ghia au 2 wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangt69
i had, and recently got rid of, a 1999 au xls v8 ute wich would have to have been the worst car i have ever owned. power window switches were replaced (warranty) radiator replaced (warranty) a/c compressor replaced (warrantY) computer replaced (warranty) complete engine bay wiring loom replaced (warranty) fuel sender replaced (warranty) complete set of lifters replaced , one at a time!!!!!!!!!!! (warranty) they never could find the source of the knocking noise from the engine. replaced one at a time, i couldn't believe it. the bloody thing was in the ford workshop more often than not. in the end they told me the loud knocking noise was at an exceptable level and was normal. all this with only 30 000 klms on it. i didnt want to find out if the noise was a big end gone or something so i got rid of it. the transmission (auto) would change in and out of overdrive constantly, sitting at the lights in drive with foot on brake, and the speedo would rise up to 60 or 80 or even 100 kays and i wasnt moving. ( no i wasnt smoking the tyres). some times something would even beep at me four or five times. speedo would stop working at times. i wasnt sad to see the *** of that car. enjoy the probs of my 88 ea fairmont much better. probs with a 17 year old car are expected.
if you had the air conditioner on when it would go in and out of overdrive its normal its to keep the transmission cool.
fairmont au is offline   Reply With Quote