View Single Post
Old 27-11-2022, 01:12 PM   #62
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Your Favorite Car Sound

To drive ? Me driving the car from within, my XB 351 2V with dual exhaust, not loud but not quiet, you could hear the engine noise thrashing away as revving it out as well a pleasant noise ! as well as the exhaust rumble. Not to mention I like the exhaust manifold noise better than the extractor noise.
Now that's just a standard car mind you. but I still remember it clearly. it's pleasant to hear and made me happy regardless.

Sure a hot 351 revving out to 7000rpm is great as well, not to mention one that did 9000rpm in Darwin that I seen on the drag strip and not to mention blew me away heading out of Darwin one night in 1987 that sand blasted my face as it shot by, I should of had my window wound up ! but I was demonstrating what a stock extractor duel exhaust XC 5.8L P van could do, I thought # in hell that's that XC Cobra Hardtop with Gold stripes sitting at the lights as I came turning left in front of him, so back to 1st flat too the boards display and into 2ed then I seen the lights change and I was like one, two, boy hear she comes three, and # ing woosh ! like I was standing still he must of been doing easy 200KM/H as he past, it was a 6 second 400M car.
So that was a good sound to hear outside or go past you in a car. It was not so much loud but sounded some what like a turbine coming up and going by.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: