View Single Post
Old 23-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: Bearmans Engine Rebuild

Took it around to Stu's factory for a once over and start pulling everything apart. Stu is my beat mate and I'm so thankful to have him in my corner. I'm a dufus with the spanners and he's done a lot of these in his time. I have theoretical knowledge but he's been there and done it. Needless to say I'll be getting an education!!

A few things we found, thankfully no nasty surprises yet.

A heat shield for the steering box fashioned up by the previous owner. Clever!!

Some misadventures here!!! The front is fairly low and boy, has the sump and cross member copped it!! The sump has had plate welded to it. I have a NOS cross member to go in. This isn't anything I didn't already know about.

Tailshaft loop. Everyone should have one of these!!

Koni's front and rear.

Nice fat front sway bar.

Reinforced front lower control arms. Noice!!!

K-mac heavy duty camber kit.

Twin system still in good nick. Extractors are buggered though.

I need to replace the extractors but don't want to go 4 into 1 as they hang too low. I don't want to raise the front as it'll ruin the driving character of the car. It handles great as it is. Good quality tri-y's will flow decent horsepower and it turns out Stu has that configuration on his Moffat City Ford coupe. That's the way to go for me. It would be good to replace the rest of the system but I don't think the budget will allow. This can be done down the track though.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote