View Single Post
Old 16-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #24
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HOLDEN Forum - where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
ROFL.
If you believe that, then I have some shares in the Harbour Bridge I would like to sell you.

The Cruze is as Daewoo as it gets.

Daewoo never "disappeared." When Holden bought Daewoo, they first tried to continue selling them as "GM Daewoo." When that didn't work, they simply rebranded all the Models as "Chevrolet. Not only did they keep flogging the same models, but new models simply rolled out of the Daewoo factories with Chev badges.

The Cruze started life as the new Daewoo Lacetti, and was in fact designed by GM Daewoo in Korea. All of the first Cruzes, including the Holdens, were built by Daewoo in Korea.
If you have a JG series, from 2009~11, have a guess where that was built.

Interestingly, I do believe that Holden had a hand in developing the Hatchback, as it was initially only a sedan.

But even the Australian versions were POS, with Holden forced to recall the first 10,000.
I think we're nit-picking here. The J300 was never a Daewoo except with that badge on the Korean market only. The car was designed & built by GM-Korea which only contained remnants of the old Daewoo Co.

It was released fully 4 years after the company Daewoo Motors ceased to be.

It's the same situation with Kia Motors now. How much of the old Kia remains now that Hyundai own them.

I'm just wondering how many Holden Cruzes you've owned or driven ?

My family has owned 3 (still owns 1) & apart from a few minor niggles on the earliest one they have been good cars, a lot better than other 4-cyls I've owned in the 80s & 90s from the 'land of the rising sun'.
This user likes this post: