View Single Post
Old 25-08-2019, 12:04 AM   #3
Mondaveo

Default Re: Limited Transmission Function Message

Hi Chris. Out of interest, what other forum are you coming from mate? It seems you've made a post in this very forum before, although your new thread here has some new information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisokau View Post
the Self Test codes that it throws up are: P0715, P0700 and P0797.
P0715: "Input/Turbine Speed Sensor A Circuit"
P0700: "Transmission Control System TCS Malfunction"
P0797: "Pressure Control Solenoid C Stuck On"

I encountered a malfunction with my TDCi Mondeo that produced P0715, that was due to a faulty electronic sensor in the gearbox. You can read all about my experience here. The problem was resolved by replacement of the sensor at a cost of about $2,500.

I didn't personally experience the other two codes you've listed. Unfortunately, they sound like a lot of things going wrong, which is probably why Ford want to change out your entire transmission. However, I think there's a good chance you've just got just one of the common sensor or module failures and those other codes have just occurred as everything is getting confused.

The symptoms I had were irregular rough or hesitant gear changes in low gears. I only once got the "limited function" message with the loss of all drive. In comparison, manchu had an issue that was resolved by replacement of the transmission control module (TCM), but his experience of the fault featured a lot more "limited function" messages and tow trucks.

To pin it down we'd need to know more about the exact behaviour of the car and when and how often the trouble codes are occurring. How did you come by the codes you've quoted above? If you aren't already, the best way (IMO) is to equip yourself with an OBD reader dongle such that you can record and monitor the car yourself whenever you're driving. (See some relevant discussion here.)

With what you've provided, I have to agree that it seems most likely your issue stems from a failed TCM and most economical repair will be to source a replacement gearbox from a wrecker.

Keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 25-08-2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Add OBD discussion topic link
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: