View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 12:53 AM   #866
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Well, arrived home yesterday after 6 nights at West Beach in the new van and i have to say its one of the best purchases we've ever made.
Treated it as a shakedown for the van, what we needed and what was surplus.

First thing i noticed was the TV aerial the previous owner had devised, a basic 'T' style on a telescopic pole, after hunting around the van for where they attached i gave up and rang them...we just stood it up next to the van and tied it to the awning, they said.
Fark that dodgy ****, so on Monday morning i bee lined for the closest caravan spares joint and bought a proper fitting kit which i added my own better quality aerial to before anyone could notice.

I also discovered the little switch on the doorlight was sticky, the rubber boot had perished and the lense had yellowed, so i grabbed a complete new unit from the same place.
We were expecting 30kn winds on Tuesday and so i wanted to secure the awning with guy ropes, the van came with the guy ropes but nothing to attach them to the awning with, so i grabbed some awning 'C' clips too.

The only other thing i found needed addressing was the entry step, being the off road version and although it has a step down its still quite high so i bought a double plastic step as a temporary solve and booked the van in to have a retractable aluminium setup installed.

All in all we're stoked with how comfortable it was and cant wait to get out again.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: