View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
DDevine
Starter Motor

Default Re: Fiesta WT Zetec 2011 drum to disc swap

I've made this work by the way.

Parts you need:
- Fiesta WS front hubs (just buy the whole hub assembly) to get 4 x 108 on the front.
- A set of 4 x 108 wheels (I again chose WS wheels, though newer Fiesta ST 17" wheels were an attractive option that I had available)
- I used a Fiesta ST 2015 rear beam assembly (with hand brake cables).

What doesn't work well:
(though I have barely driven it yet).
- The WS hub assemblies don't have the rotor shield thing. It looks like you might be able to transplant a shield if you really wanted to (minor modification needed).
- The rear brake hose bracket (where it goes from hard-line to softline) is not compatible with the 2015 ST fitting so I've had to zip tie it into the bracket rather than using the spring-shim/clip thing.

Special tools:
- You should pick up a ball joint splitter before you start. If you can disconnect the tie rod joint without it, great... My passenger joint almost didn't come apart even with a ball joint splitter. Keep it in the packet and you can return it if you don't end up needing it.
- The size of the hub bolt (on the end of the CV shaft) is 32mm and you will need a deep socket for this.
- Two extra stands for holding rear beam at the correct height for installation. I didn't have them but it would have really helped a lot.
- A trolley jack and an impact wrench make the work considerably quicker and easier.

I won't sugar coat it - it was a lot of work and probably not worth it. If you can source the parts easily and cheaply then go ahead, but the pay off is quite small.

I also tried to use a Superchips Bluefin to do an ECU flash - this does not work with a Fiesta WT because the ECU in these Thai models must be different to the WF0 VIN models. I'll have to go get a real tune instead - there other tunes with better torque curves anyway.
DDevine is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: