View Single Post
Old 16-04-2019, 01:43 AM   #41
kmav23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The 'Automotive Environmental' Thread - Electric Cars/Fuel Quality/Alternative Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Granted, that is all true about population increases etc and what we were saying 20 years ago.

Do you think that it will take 20 years though to make petrol/diesel cars almost obsolete? I am thinking more like 10 years, 15 years absolute maximum.

The reason I am thinking that the changeover will happen sooner is that once EVs become mainstream Governments are going to tax the hell out of fuel and diesel due to trying to maintain their tax stream and pressure from environmental/green groups. Also, as more EVs come on line, it will become less and less convenient for people to own, fuel and maintain petrol/diesel cars. The only thing I could see stopping from people from changing over will be the resale of their fossil fuelled vehicles.

Even if as you say by 2050 99% of Australia own EVs I still don't think that with our current crop of political leaders that we will have the infrastructure and/or systems in place for this sort of timeline.
I really think you guys are worrying too much about the grid.
In California there has been 500,000 EVs sold so far!

Their grid is okay.
kmav23 is offline   Reply With Quote