View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 12:33 PM   #28
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

He had a similar one a few years ago, but only because he got it really cheap.

I await his reply as to an old Beemer being 'good value' with interest
I had an E38 735iL Highline, the last of the E38s, got it for $2000 from a customer because it had a toasted alternator

Great car, just too bloody slow and no torque under 4000 RPM, had to use the throttle like a switch, on or off to get it to move with some enthusiasm, it also didn't like cutting circles it'd suck oil into the intake after the hard swing

Wouldn't mind another E38 but with an LS1 and 4L60E from a SS Commodore and normal suspension rather than self levelling crapola, would be perfect without all the bull**** European crap, and it'll be able to cut circles reliably

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Most sellers are living in an alternate reality riding on the highs of last years inflated prices.

FC, are you after a good value luxo barge? Here’s the car for you.

Love an E32 750iL but I think she's got 350,000km on the clock

Surely there can't be too much drama with the M70 V12, its single overhead cam without too much fancy junk, aside from the factory EMS having two of them cause potato spec 1980s electronics, if you **** that off for something like a Haltech maybe it might start every morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Not sure what the $$ are to play in this thread but Genesis would have to be a show. 232kw V6, RWD, 8 speed auto? A lot to like

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...12654897/?Cr=0
397nm @ 5000RPM, sounds very Honda-esque

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 06-05-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: