View Single Post
Old 25-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #28
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Re: Help power window stuck down :(

I started having problems with my AU2 XR6 a couple of months back. The switch assembly does all 4 windows. The drivers window only would stay down. If I jiggled the switch enough times eventually it would go up. No noises. Definitely not sticking in the runners.

Then my AU2 SR wagon drivers window stayed down yesterday. The switch assembly only does the front 2 windows. Managed to get it up once. Then down again. And it stayed down. Also not sticking and no noises.
So I pulled out the switch. Swapped the plugs over and the drivers window was now working. Used some 1500 sandpaper on the outside of the contacts that mate with the plug. Then couldn't be bothered trying to sand the rest so just sprayed the contacts and plugs with electrical contact spray. Didn't pull the switch out and spray those contacts. Swapped the plugs back, connected it and everything is now working.

The XR6 switch is quite different when you remove it with the contacts. I sprayed what I could see but also removed the actual drivers front switch and sprayed the contacts as well. Connected it and it is working too.
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote