View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #231
twodogs 260

Default Re: IRS upper shock mount - Permanent fix

Hi all just an update on my little experimental washer /mounting things that i had made for my IRS top hats , pulled the rears out of my fairlane on saturday to fit the bits and to see how it would go , i have only done about 60klms so far but the initial findings are as follows.
the clamping effect of the fitment is great that it clamped down top and bottom of original shock mounting point as predicted and by the design used , test driven for 5klms saturday and traveled over a train line close to home and 90% of the rear jelly wobble found in the rear of these cars has now gone , drives straight ,has good road feel and when putting your foot into it the rear doesn't want to drop it just gets on it and goes , very slight change to the NVH from the rear little change to the stiffness of the rear car , but as i have pointed out only early days and i'm using my car as a test mule to see how it goes . I think this idea will only work for those that have rear hats in reasonable to good condition if yours are stuffed the would not be suitable unless you use a pair in good nick . did find my RHS to be on it's way out so hopefully it will hang in there alot longer now , will keep you all posted on how it gets on . If any moderators want to contact me to help in getting some pictures up call me on my mobile number 0428 928351 and will flick some pics to you , but moderators only please .
twodogs 260 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: