View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #232
twodogs 260

Default Re: IRS upper shock mount - Permanent fix

Ok peeps bit of an update on the mod washers/supports that i have fitted to my IRS top mounts .So after fitting and driving around for a month or so to REALLY let it settle down and to gauge how things were , i put it up on a four poster hoist to check the lower bolts as it didn't seem as firm as it first was , to that there seemed to have a slight knock as well . Redid the bolts to spec and had a check over of things only to find that the rear swaybar links had failed , now have the whiteline adjustable links all round and have found that the whole car has tightend up very nicely . The initial findings of the fitment are the same that it has taken 95% of the jelly wobble out of the rear and has not detrimental effect to the cars handling or the N V H of the car . have been contacted by one of the tech guys on this forum whom we spend about an hour chatting about the pictures to add to this article but so far they haven't been uploaded so not able to show what i have done , think his name was stuart ? can't remember at the moment . This is by no means a total fix for the crap design of the top mounts but so far my fiddlings has improved the drivability of it to the extent that it doesn't try to kill me every time i go for a drive . Will do an update again in 6 months to let you all know how its been , Cheers all J
twodogs 260 is offline   Reply With Quote