View Single Post
Old 31-08-2019, 04:02 AM   #69
K.P.

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Back to 2019 (sorry mick_taylor I'm forced to disregard your post insofar as it posits Julia Gillard masquerading as John Howard [Dec-Feb 07-08 Kevin Rudd PM also being the Christmas/New Year period and very unlikely that ADR updates were rushed through nor major engine tune changes, sorry!] deliberately designed to kill via sulphation...Mobil Supreme 98+ now being the majority petrol in my FG XR6, it is the most spirited petrol I've used. Possibly a bit less economic than the latest BP Ultimate. It's hard to say...I bought another 1/4 of a tank (at a different, smaller site...skews results and there's still a 1/4 of Mobil Special 91 mixed with Mobil Supreme 98+ from my usual site PLUS whatever remains of the Liqui-Moly Fuel System Cleaner).

I really like it. Especially at $1.40 a litre at the bottom of the cycle.

I'm back to mainly using LPG after 3.5 weeks on petrol alone and I bought Supagas from the Shell independent which really is the vroom LPG but you do go through a bit more (and it's only available in Melbourne [truly, not shilling for Mobil here, old threads sing the praises of Mobil LPG and for overall balance, yes - definitely Mobil LPG wins] and I'm very lucky that the local independent Shell even has Supagas...great find! I'd thought it was old signage but no, the owner loves it).

Last edited by K.P.; 31-08-2019 at 04:32 AM.
K.P. is offline   Reply With Quote