View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #86
K.P.

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Hygroscopic is the correct term for a water-attracting substance (brake fluid bar DOT 5.1 which is silicone-based and needs specific brake lines is an example). Yes, correct, ethanol is used in racing. I wondered whether to mention that, but indeed. And no ethanol in a dual-fuel car, as I found out. The whole engine was shuddering violently in the mounting upon starting due to water content upon startup (venturi LPG 10 sec. start on petrol, it was scary the whole car was shuddering along with the engine). Luckily I was parked in a supermarket at the time, a few people mucked around with the engine we got it going. Happened a couple more times until I got new petrol. My LPG guy at the time told me no E10 again unless I used it all within 1-2 weeks, and as a general rule not to use it as the majority of times you are running in LPG and the same petrol stays in the tank longer.

A testament to both the Tickford VCT engine in the AU Fairmont Ghia and subchassis, general build: no damage whatsoever!

Last edited by K.P.; 01-09-2019 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Additional information vis-a-vis ethanol in dual-fuel cars.
K.P. is offline   Reply With Quote