View Single Post
Old 19-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #1508
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
Yes, unfortunately a lot of people do deliberately buy Un-Australian. Its is called the CULTURAL CRINGE.....and its a sociopathically self-destructive phenomena peculiar only to Australia - where there is a pervasive and irrational cultural inferiority complex with everything created by australia - with the notable exception of sport.

Thats why intelligent and effective Marketing of Australian cars is so important - where sadly Ford Au has failed dismally since the BA.
It's not peculiar to Australia and I doubt it's due to buying non Australian.

As an example, i'm up in Malaysia quite often and the locally grown Proton is looked down on and due to protectionism (import duties), the Proton products are stagnent.

As for buying non Australian, thats a little hard to prove or disprove. Perhaps if Ford/Holden read the market more accurately, they would have adapted and produced an Australian car that the punters wanted. Perfect example was the late great Geoff Polites vision with the Ford Territory, he correctly read the market trends and pushed for the produciton of the Terri which went on the become a runaway success in it's market segment and i'd suggest is the Falcons lifeline now. It's up against stiffer competition now but still hanging in there.

This is well off topic of course, we need more sneak peeks from Spyman
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote