View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #132
wazza675
Starter Motor

Default Re: Quick question re: DRL's

New to the forum and just skimmed through this thread (while trying to ignore my daughters fighting in the background!!).

I'm about to pick up an MC Modeo LX (petrol) in dark micastone for the missus.

I'm currently running a series 1 VE Omega (with SS nose) and the Modeo will replace a T31 X-trail that was written off. Both cars have (or had in the X-Trail's case) Phillips LED DRL bars fitted for better daytime visibility. I'd now like to add DRLs to the Mondeo. Given the MC Mondeo has blanking pannels fitted where the DRLs fit on the higher optioned models, I assume they'll just clip in to the housing one the blanking is removed.
So now I have some questions:
1. Does the LX model have the required looms and plugs fitted as standard, and only require the lights? [As a side note, I know the VE Omega had the SS/SV6 loom in later production runs, and so the fog lights didn't require anything extra other than the lights, housing, and the pig-tail loom that stretched across the front bar].
2. Are the DRLs different between MA MB and MC models?
3. Are there equivalent quality DRL kits available that fit into the recess in the MC bar?
4. Are there any links for complete kits that would suit my application?

I don't really care whether the lights dim or switch off when the trigger lights (usually parkers) are activated. The Phillips units both came on with the ignition and remained on for about 10 seconds after the car was turned off. They also turned off completely when the trigger light was turned on.

Also, I guess the same questions apply for the fog lights.
Existing or required wiring?
Switch gear?
compatible models/variants?

Thanks in advance
Wazza
wazza675 is offline   Reply With Quote