View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #71
Aussiebuyer
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxter View Post
Hi All
Keen to get any updates on this issue regarding usatoaus car imports.
I have had a vehicle in transit since being dropped off in LA just before Xmas. Coms seemed to be OK up until May or so, of course the usual stories of delays etc. Then some ugly bills came in for extra quarantine/ US customs costs . Again I gave the benefit of the doubt and paid. The reality is the shipping quote will be double if the vehicle ever arrives (which i am now doubting after some recent internet searching).
The vehicle was supposed to have arrived some weeks ago but no word now despite many emails and of course the phone now has some dodgy message about being uncontactable til end of September.
I am seeking information from anyone who can share some. Ill think about next steps once I get as much fact as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.
Maxter,

I am in the same exact position as you. They told me that my shipment is due to arrive on the 17/07. Then once it clears customs, and I make payment, they will forward pick up information.

With regards to the higher quote than expected, I was told "US Customs held our container for inspection and de-van. Everyone in the container was billed for the additional cost based on the cubic meters of their item. This is not a normal happening as its the first in over 20 years."

I have emailed them last week to get an update, but still no reply. Phone call gives the same message you get.

What port is your shipment going to? I am based in Brisbane and would be happy to give them a visit if we can get an address from the others who have been there.

Last edited by Aussiebuyer; 20-08-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Aussiebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote