View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 PM   #83
Malroy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebuyer View Post
Maxter,

I am in the same exact position as you. They told me that my shipment is due to arrive on the 17/07. Then once it clears customs, and I make payment, they will forward pick up information.

With regards to the higher quote than expected, I was told "US Customs held our container for inspection and de-van. Everyone in the container was billed for the additional cost based on the cubic meters of their item. This is not a normal happening as its the first in over 20 years."

I have emailed them last week to get an update, but still no reply. Phone call gives the same message you get.

What port is your shipment going to? I am based in Brisbane and would be happy to give them a visit if we can get an address from the others who have been there.
Hi. I have a current issue with goods in a container through this lot that is supposedly in quarantine in Melbourne arrived 13/5 apparently but very poor communication and no documentation given after several emails.
No phone contact returned either.i don’t believe a word this Indira Sheila says.
Malroy is offline   Reply With Quote