View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #594
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
both those places have caravan parks - Mind you I reckon you are more likely to have trouble in those than on your own out in the bush
Totally agreed Trev, but logic doesn't always win out...and apart from that, who am i to argue with the minister for finances and special cuddles..

This past weekend was a perfect example, on the Thursday night the campground was virtually empty and it was peaceful but by mid afternoon Friday the mob was rolling in and with all the dogs and tattooed bogans it just felt like trouble could erupt at any moment, i actually made comment that if i went this close to the city again it would be mid week to avoid the masses.
In the end there was no trouble and the groups around us were well behaved, but you're constantly being watched from every angle and it makes it hard to fully relax.
The only real excitement was a group of young people who left their chairs next to their fire still raging and went to bed, made for quite a spectacle when the wind picked up out of nowhere and 4 chairs tipped into the fire all at once which made them panic to the point where they couldn't undo their tent zips so we raced over and contained it.
Who goes to bed with 3ft of 8" burning log hanging out of their fire pit anyway
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: