View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #11
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Electric steering rack replacement (newbie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfee03 View Post
Thanks for that. Is that number visible without removing any (or too many) parts? I believe it is?

I presume what you're saying is that the Service Part number will not match an engineering number? It can but more than often it is not. You wont know till you read the number on your rack and compare to the part number given by the dealer which is the service part number.

Forgive me if I'm confused- this ebay listing here says it is the same "part" number. So can't I deduce that its’ engineering number matches? As Above, sometimes the eng number can be the service part number, other times totally different.

I found a wrecker with the part (for Ambient, LW model). Should I be asking them what size wheels it has (ask them to measure)? No ask for the VIN as the wheels could have been changed by the previous owner, better still ask for the part number on the rack and compare to yours. Match to match is the best method.

Edit: Couldn’t I ask the the wrecker for the VIN then call a Ford dealer to get the part number? Tedious to call each time though...
Yes but as above.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote