Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 11:30 AM   #9073
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
So im guessing that a large percentage of those stuck in nsw were holidaying or similar, in which case their stupidity and arrogance is being punished accordingly.
In fact, stupid doesnt even begin to describe it. Everyone has seen the signs since christmas.
We had plans to travel to far north qld, via a lengthy east coast tour over our long holidays, but decided to stay in vic because we're not stupid.
Who knew they would close borders again? Yeah, umm everyone with half a brain.
Dunno if "punish" is the appropriate word, but I get what you are saying. They took a gamble and it didn't pay off.

Had a mate that went into NSW, Queanbeyan (some town near canberra) a few days before Christmas. I said to him he better have a quick exit plan because I reckon things are likely to change, we are still in the middle of a pandemic and NSW had unlinked cases moving further away from central. He is one of those with the dan derangement syndromes, so he just laughed and mocked....arrogance. Wakes up NYE and finds he has to rush home. Tells everyone how hard he had it, blamed the government for not giving enough notice, yet he made it home with 20+ hours to spare. Then on the day Vic reported 10 new cases he plastered social media with how the gov was incompetent and should have closed the border sooner

Some people just don't get it and probably never will. However I do appreciate some may have had to go due to compassionate reasons, and I do think the gov should make a special effort to bring those home.
2 users like this post: