Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #9083
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Strange that there has been very little sympathy afforded to Australians wanting to come home to their own country, yet so many tears for people that knowingly went into or near a red zone during a pandemic.

If you haven't done so lately, take a stroll through Melb CBD one evening. It is starting to come alive again. Lots of people about and you can once again hear the music across the yarra. Myer Music Bowl tonight had some sort of event on which was sold out. 50% of private sector workers can return to office next week, 25% for public. Some level of certainty is returning, we are on our way to recovery, last thing we need is 5 - 10 new cases a day, especially of this "UK" strain, to dent confidence.

I spare my tears for Victorians who have been cut off from WA and for CBD retailers who have endured so much suffering, and had to wear the delay in workers returning to the office, all because of this NSW outbreak, which could have been killed off IF they had taken strong measures for a few weeks. Instead its going to drag on and on and on, they are talking 4 more weeks to "mop up".

I want to see NSW succeed. AFL season is not far off and it would be good to have 50-60,000 at the G again.
3 users like this post: