View Single Post
Old 22-05-2016, 03:28 PM   #6823
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: All YouTube, EBay and car related Video links Post Here

Alex Zanardi I have taken this from another forum when I find out more about thew movie I will post it up.

So this doesn't contain any minis whatsoever, but it's an incredible film nonetheless

I just watched a film called 'No Limits' by Tim Hahne and his crew at StereoScreen. It is based around the most recent endeavours of Alex Zanardi in 2015. For those who don't have a great Motorsport background, Zanardi is a well known driver within the global Motorsporting world who survived a horrendous accident in 2001. Despite the accident robbing him of his legs and almost his life when three quarters of blood volume was lost, he survived. Alex successfully returned to racing with BMW and became competitive again only a few years after in the (European/)World Touring car Championship. Due to his injuries Alex also became a Paralcyclist and went on to become World Champion and winning Olympic gold in London 2012.

He is an incredibly gifted man in that he is forever the optimist and an incredible spirit. He has taken on odds that can break fit able-bodied athletes and succeeded. Whilst Alex's charismatic energy comes out in this 60 minute film, it is also the relationships between his fellow drivers and team that grabs you. The build up to racing at the elegantly mythical Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium not only filled me with tension and bouyant anticipation, but also apprehension. Never having been there doesn't dilute the respect i hold for such a place, parts like Eau Rouge are actually feared by generations of racers.

All up the film was incredibly uplifting and inspiring, as a man who should be dead and is technically disabled has so much capacity that he blows away any sense of pity or inability. Despite being physically "less" capable, I feel that a man like Alex Zanardi would always have the advantage over the rest of us, but his humility, modesty and spirit leaves you feeling just as able as he is.

A top movie. Shot beautifully, with great music and sound. It is left-field and you won't see it written about as it is labelled under niche, but if you can watch it then do so. However, if you are a Motorsport fan then you should definitely watch it

A great little video shot by StereoScreen about Zanardi. Gives you a little insight to the man