View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 10:46 PM   #39
bundybear75

Default Re: [How To] TDCI Timing Belt Replacement - 2.0L QXBA DW10 140PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Well Bundybear75, I know what you experienced.

Today I helped an old neighbour from way back replace his timing belt on his 2010 MB (even though it has the MC engine and refreshed front end updates). It went without a hitch. I enjoyed doing it and now I feel I've gotten my moneys worth out of the timing setting tools. Neighboors/family friend are happy and that's all that matters. I didn't forget how much of a pain in the **** it was to get the startermotor out of the way but that at least went okay this time.j<shocked>

That and the flywheel pin fitted nicely (unlike my own engine) but the ring-gear tool I couldn't use because the starter motor has the threads in it and with that out the way I had no nuts to bolt the tool to the block, so I simply left it out and pinned it only along with the pinned cam sprocket. Verified my work by hand turning it over (4 crank revolutions for one complete combustion cycle). Locked it down again and torqued the crank pulley bolt and then filled it with coolant and started her up....BEAUTIFUL!!!

There's another Mondeo back on the roads for another 240k kms/ 10yrs if things go right.
I bought a set of glow plugs for mine, as it is getting hard to start on frosty mornings. Watched a Youtube video on how to fit, and pretty much everything at the fromt of the engine has to come off....
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote