View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #38
Caprobbo
Fordluva

Thumbs up Re: 200kw AU Xr8 Chewin the Juice

Yea mate I thought that was not right,how does the o2 make current without exhaust heat.
I cant remember if the the ignition was on,maybe the internal heater was causing it or does the heater only start when the engine is running.

And yea I did get them of eBay
I always thought VDO was up there with Bosch but as you say things change.

So where do I source NTK sensors
As for the Kams I have a battery isolator switch that I turn off when the cars not being used ( its a MK 3 Capri) so I guess that would take care of the kams

I wondered if the computer doesn't like being reset all the time.

This latest rich running episode started after picking it up from the panel beater that did full body and paint

I wondered if they welded on it with the battery switch on an zapped a portion of the computer

But Im in the same camp as you suspecting the 02s again especially as soon as it goes into closed and gets input from them it starts trimming upwards
I just couldn't believe they would fail again at 2000ks and show no signs of contamination.

The oil is a 10w-30 as per the service manual,but just looking then I notice the Xr8 has a different spec same weight but different spec numbers
Any ideas why

I also notice the manual specifies one type of plug for one bank and another for the other bank,why do you think that is ?

Thanks for your help
Caprobbo is offline   Reply With Quote