View Single Post
Old 16-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #42
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: 200kw AU Xr8 Chewin the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprobbo View Post
As for the Kams I have a battery isolator switch that I turn off when the cars not being used ( its a MK 3 Capri) so I guess that would take care of the kams

I wondered if the computer doesn't like being reset all the time.
Bret, this will be dependant on the tune that you have in the car. If your tune is out (factory relies on KAMs heavily), when you disconnect power all the time, and resetting KAMs, there is no way the ECU can build a history and start compensating for the deficiencies in the tune. I have seen it regularily when you reset KAMs, the fuel economy can go through the floor. You may be stuck in that cycle due to the constant disconnection of the battery.

My suggestion is that you get it tuned and take it from there.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: