View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #53
Caprobbo
Fordluva

Default Re: 200kw AU Xr8 Chewin the Juice

Well the latest is I replaced the CPS and the forscan still says fault and CPS low (low? what that means I have no idea) but it seems to have improved the problem.
At one stage after resetting everything I could with the forscan software I actually had the fuel trims oscillating between -3.0 to + 3.0 which is perfect.

Before that I Had one O2 sensor reading 2.3 volts the other 1.3 volts and one fuel trim going up to +37 while the other sat at +7 then the +7 went up to +37 then they both sat there for a couple of seconds before both dropping together down to +4 and sitting there.
So weird I wondering if I have a bad earth somewhere or a faulty ecu
In saying that I took it for a good drive for 55 ks and then topped up the fuel and it took roughly 6.5 liters,so thats about right I think.

So the only changes since the new O2s (which made no difference) is the new CPS sensor and leaving the battery connected.
The thing that gets me is if I unplug the CPS plug the forscan says CPS OK ??
Plug it in and it says Fault.
I took the whole unit out last week With the original sensor And hooked it up to my multi meter and was getting a good pulse when i spun it with a cordless drill .

I think ill try to get it back to the -3 +3 fuel trim and leave it alone and see what happens.
When its right its not hunting at idle and smells pretty good in the exhaust so it now is capable of running correctly I've just got to keep it there.
I might do a couple more vids for you guys to look at.

I wonder If its all about turning of the battery switch after use thats causing problems.
It also has gained its lost power and smoothness again,but its a little rough it idle

Do these 200kw XR8 motors have a slight cam lope,I didn't think they did.
Bret.
Caprobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: