View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #3147
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I really am starting to dislike one building work picked up a maintenance contract for last year. We werent part of construction, but the building is only 12 months old, so from the day it opened ive looked after the electrical side of things. On the handover the foreman pulled me aside and told me it was a rush job so there may be some minor issues. So i didnt think too much of that, initially it was just getting the cbus programmed. Its a nice looking building, but since then every what looks like a little issue turns into a monster. Like today, 1 light in the fire stairs, i wont get into how pretty smart the sensors used are when done properly, but they werent. Every fitting was set different, no 2 looked like they were done by the same person. 6 hours later and now everything is uniform. But the stairs dont conform to the minimum light standard for a fire stairs on sensors. So realistically every second light fitting will need to be changed. If i wasnt such good mates with the building manager, i would palm jobs off to the other guys i work with.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote