View Single Post
Old 21-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #1654
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t View Post
You make a point, its tech and gadgets that are going to get people to even consider taking the time to look at a Falcon, let alone buy one.

I'm the first to admit my GT is very under equipped...for a GT. I know FPV chose to invest and focus on the motor which I think was the better option to take than investing in tech and gadgets.

But Ford should have made greater tech advancements with the FG, especially when they knew what the VE had to offer and could also see what other makers like Hyundai were offering.

Essentially to draw people away from other cars in the Ford sales yard, the Falcon needs to be more advanced than the Mondeo and Focus....otherwise what's the point of buying a Falcon when people could buy a cheaper, more economical more technically advanced Mondeo or Focus...it would be good if someone was looking at a new Focus and the sales person could say "why don't you look at the all new Falcon which is only slightly more expensive, however is safer, has more gadgets and features and is on par with fuel economy and it looks fantastic"...like I said, if a sales person can't say that about a Falcon, why would the average person consider one???
Classic case in point...I was at the Holden dealer just before Xmas stitching up a red hot deal to help my daughter into a brand new small city car, (she'd had so many problems with old junk cars I thought I'd bite the bullet and help her into her first brand new car), Ford had no car to get anywhere near the cost what I could get my kid a new Holden Barina Spark for) and they had a new VF SSV-Redline sitting there in the showroom.

I went though some of the features of the Redline with the salesman and compared them to my Mk1 GT-P and I was profoundly shocked at how out of date my 2011 car is.

Fact of the matter on the tech front is Mr Market is telling Ford they need to dramatically lift their game. The VF SS-V redline is selling really well OTOH the Falcon, oh dear.

Last edited by Rodge; 21-02-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote