View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #77
K.P.

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Mick...what people can afford is a massive point. "People whinging about the price of 95" as you put it in a dismissive, elitist car buff way does not transfer well to the general automotive public or the petroleum market when to many drivers their car is an a-b device, they may like their car but it's just transport to them. I too am a car buff but we are enthusiasts, so the social aspect of petrol pricing has to be taken into context. For many struggling families and people fuel is just another expense.

If you weren't trying to be political why blame one politician (wrongly) for something you perceive to be wrong with a very refutable argument - ragging on a female PM (Julia Gillard) seemingly because she is a woman using emotive language insisting she is/was responsible for human and animal deaths just isn't on, especially when as you finally admit after four posts, it was no specific politician nor party?

Anyway, pax Mick. I truly appreciate your knowledge. I entered into your thread intending on writing "A 1979 Aston Martin Lagonda". I saw a superbly droolworthy example in my mid-teens through the window of a Richmond (Melbourne) automotive auction house. It was blue, stunningly wedge-shaped and unforgettable, $76,000 mid-80's dollars. I pressed my face to the glass many a time - lucky owner who bought it!

I too love my ICE vehicle Ryeman, interesting reports from motoring experts in the USA where Tesla cars are on the increase opine that as yet, electric vehicles do not have the passion or driving excitement. One assumes that would apply to BYD cars (BYD are the largest EV manufacturer in the world) and other EV manufacturers. I guess that passion will come in time!

I still feel weird in hybrid or stop-start vehicles! The odd sensation seems foreign, and no engine noise whatsoever at the lights feels weird as a passenger. I've never driven one to be honest.

Last edited by K.P.; 01-09-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: A few typos and linking words.
K.P. is offline   Reply With Quote