View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #89
K.P.

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
My FG LPI conversion rarely used petrol simply because I was a cheapskate, but the age of the small amount of fuel always gnawed at me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ryeman, all you had/have to do is freshen it up with $5-10 worth of petrol every few weeks. This came straight from Mobil for their Special 91, but it's generally recommended you drive 20-30 minutes a week on petrol to keep the seals, gaskets and petrol componentry in peak condition as well as the startup on petrol until the engine is warmer with an SVI or LPI system so that was something I had already been doing.

You'll read that it's once a month - LPG mechanics and fitters will tell you weekly.

Going back to your original post in 2016, I didn't find any difference between the old additive package and new - to be frank, I didn't even notice (or know) it had changed. The odd thing about the old additive package was it made both my current and last car run roughly for a quarter of a tank, so much so that I swore never to use it again on the AU Ghia (it was that bad) then after the quarter tank had gone through it was great petrol!

Last edited by K.P.; 01-09-2019 at 09:32 PM.
K.P. is offline   Reply With Quote