View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #90
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.P. View Post
Ryeman, all you had/have to do is freshen it up with $5-10 worth of petrol every few weeks. This came straight from Mobil for their Special 91, but it's generally recommended you drive 20-30 minutes a week on petrol to stop the seals and petrol componentry in peak condition as well as the startup on petrol until the engine is warmer with an SVI or LPI system so that was something I had already been doing.

You'll read that it's once a month - LPG mechanics and fitters will tell you weekly.

Going back to your original post in 2016, I didn't find any difference between the old additive package and new - to be frank, I didn't even notice it had changed. The odd thing about the old additive package was it made both my current and last car run roughly for a quarter of a tank, so much so that I swore never to use it again on the AU Ghia (it was that bad) then after the quarter tank had gone through it was great petrol!

Yeah, the FG XR6 is some time ago but I hated the fact that it wasn’t a ‘dry’ start but a wet petrol one instead.
Our 2019 Vitara 1.4t doesn’t have stop/start and I’m beginning to wonder if the WLTP programme reduces the emphasis on idling and thus the extra ss complex isn’t worth it.
At 74 I’m determined that my last car will be probably a Model 3, Kona Electric/eNiro or VW id19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote