Thread: FG Falcon MKII
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #702
FPT
earth flavoured

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92
amgc63 - "You're" comment about the sms quality was pointless.. If you do not have something valid to say, or something constructive keep it to yourself

so far as the release date it dosnt matter about the exact release date, its sometime within the next few months (so far as we have been led to believe). Average joe wouldnt have a clue even when an update was occurring, why not throw in a commercial or advert to give him an idea that its coming and generate further interest. Thereby allowing for people who have an interest in the product an ability to budget to purchase it when it is released .. My comment wasn't directed at you, or the lack of discussion about Series II on the forum. IT was directed at the lack of communication and inability of the ford marketing team to give its current customers and potential customers sufficient data on its product, conveyed in an attractive manner through media resources at its disposal (utilizing mainstream events like major v8supercar events, sporting events like rugby finals etc), in a period shortly before the release of an update. An update who's success/failure will play a critical part in the future of one of its most iconic series, the falcon. One advert would be enough, played every now and then, to keep the marketing machine rolling... this would be by no means overkill for a product that will be released relatively soon

Wretched- Im waiting for a new series to come out, of which i am excited for. I am not in a position to buy a new car, nor do i have to. i will continue to enjoy my fg series I falcon until i choose not too, and my intent is to move into an uppermarket FG I or Fg II should i have the capacity to do so.. Your comment is invalid on the basis that regardless of whether i stated my excitement for the 1st hand or 2nd hand product, im excited about the product and my intention is to buy it in the future in whatever capacity i can.. why then is my comment so concerning for you?

and so far as the territory goes.. it's selling cause its a great product, simple as that.. i did not say that a great product assisted by some **** marketing ads wont sell, but in theory marketing improves sales figures.. My quarrel again is that i dont think ford have utilized a resource as important as marketing to its fullest extent, and my frustration is only compounded because sub-quality manufacturers like holden DO and they reap the benefits from doing so with high sales
Has it ever occurred to you that Ford aren't as concerned as you are.

Last edited by FPT; 24-10-2011 at 04:43 PM.