View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #46
manchu

Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
@manchu
So let me get this straight. The RACV mechanic admitted to not changing the trans fluid at the 60k service, has records of the owner bringing back with transmission issues in the following 10,000km but still never changed the trans fluid? Sounds like a great workshop! The transmission fluid needs changing ASAP.
There is no way that the dealer changed the trans fluid. They wouldn't spend 50 bucks on tranny fluid after you have signed the dotted line let alone the $200+ that powershift fluid costs. Not that a Mazda dealer would even know how to change the fluid on a Powershift. They are referring to changing the engine oil. Which leads me to -
They change the oil in all used cars out of the goodness of their heart to give you warm fuzzies that it has been serviced. But I can guarantee they didn't use the correct Ford spec oil. They would have used whatever cheap **** they get in bulk. If you don't want to end up with DPF issues as well I would get it changed ASAP. Come to think of it the RACV "mechanic" probably hasn't been using the correct oil either.
The car came with a statutory warranty so don't take any **** from the dealer. Hound them until you get outcome you are entitled to.

Good Luck
RACV man says the owner requested to not change fluid at 60kkm. God knows why, but the shouldnt have stamped the logbook!

I'm not yet ruling out that the Trans fluid was just changed as the book was stamped by a tranny place not the dealer.

It's all very fishy, and frustrating that I can't get the full records or talk to previous owner.

I'll try my best at hounding the dealer. I'm booked in for Monday but think I'll pay them a visit before so it's clear what is already known and what actions are planned.

I'm also tempted to suggest they just refund me then flog the car off at the auctions. It could be best option for both parties, But I think I'm dreaming.

Last edited by manchu; 02-03-2016 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote