View Single Post
Old 25-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #25
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aircon compressor.....

English sold cars used different fuel to Europe and during the unleaded changeover loads of vehicles had rough idle issue due to carbon in the exhaust [cold short trips]. Worldwide made Gm vehicles I worked on, and ford like transit often had EGR valve issues. Lots of reasons given for this most of the time a blocking plate would solve the cold start, air flow and idle problem. American cars are often different tune. I worked on a holden that had been reprogramed under warranty to suit Darwin and required to be reprogramed for NSW when they moved back here.

Few different cases to get tuning ideas from.

1 Rodeo would come in with the air conditioning clutch not working. the egr valve was a step motor and if it out of calibration it will emissions limp home mode-without the warning light. it is a step motor you cant remove it without an ECU fix.

2 Brand new Hino O5 Truck over Christmas had a blocked EGR as it is uses to patch roads [very slowly]-the ECU warning flashes for 32 hours then derates the engine. The code is a canbus communication fault. Often owners have no idea this has occurred. until you drive up a hill.

3 Navara with DPF. The ecu has a routine of DPF burn as it drives along the ecu will derate if it obtains the wrong sencor imputs.

4 old engines sold in OZ, often the same engine from japan etc without the EGR. at cruise throttle the ECU/ Carby thinks the engine is under higher engine loads running lots of unburnt fuel. my charade required exhaust cleaning when E10 was used as cat would not fire up.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote